Saturday, June 2, 2012

Birthday Cake for Wylie

Wylie is a thorn in my side. The bane of my existence. A persistent irritant and the reason for all my headaches.

Headache causing people need cakes on their birthdays, just like normal people. So I made him this cake.

I used my One Layer Chocolate Cake recipe to make it. I simply doubled the recipe.



Vanilla Buttercream Frosting coated the cake.

Ingredient list:

-1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
-2 tsp of vanilla extract
-2-3 cups of powdered sugar (you can adjust according to how much you need).

Mix together the 3 ingredients with an electric mixer. Add the sugar as you mix, until it reaches a creamy and spreadable consistency.

I used chocolate sprinkles to decorate the sides, and chocolate chips on top.

A little frosting mixed with cocoa powder helped me create the writing you see on top of the cake.

2 comments:

  1. Azure made your yummy chocolate chip cookies and the where a total success! People kept asking her of the recipe all day!!! Thought you should now ;)
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm so happy to hear that! :) You totally made my day!

      Delete